(1) MUST BE A DISCIPLE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Luke 9:23-27 gives the requirement for discipleship and our acceptance into Jesus' Eternal Kingdom. Do this First!
(2) MUST NOT FIGHT WITH CARNAL WEAPONS. “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled” - 2 Corinthians 10:3-6. “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools” - Romans 1:21, 22.
(3) MUST BE FULLY PREPARED TO FIGHT. “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” - Ephesians 6:10-12.
(4) MUST BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR JESUS. “You therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier” - 2 Timothy 2:3, 4.
(5) MUST BE WILLING TO TRUST JESUS COMPLETELY. “Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God” - Hebrews 12:2.
(6) MUST BE FULLY COMMITTED. In Romans 1:32 we read, “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
(7) MUST TAKE A STAND FOR GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. To not fight for God is to fight against Him. Thus, the following Scripture gives two choices. We do the things listed in Romans 1:17-31 or we have no pleasure in those who are doing them. If we do not “have pleasure in them that do them,” we must call them to repentance. We cannot compromise or “get along” with such people.
(8) MUST BE HUMBLE BEFORE GOD SO HE CAN EQUIP YOU TO FIGHT THE ENEMY. “But He gives more grace. Wherefore He says, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” - James 4:6, 7).
(9) MUST HAVE ARMOR AND WEAPONS ON TO FIGHT THE ENEMY. “But put you on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provisions for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof” - Romans 13:14; compared with “Stand therefore, having your loins girted about with truth (See John 14:6), and having on the breastplate of righteousness (See Matthew 6:33); and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Romans 5:1); above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (See Hebrews 4:12):” etc – Ephesians 6:14-17. Our whole armor and shield of faith are our defensive weapons and the sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) and praying in the Spirit are our offensive weapons.
(10) MUST BE ASSURED OF VICTORY IN THIS BATTLE. “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us” - Romans 8:37.
It is time for the Church of Jesus Christ to stand up for the right as recorded in God's Holy Word and to resist the devil and his crowd at all cost. Our resistance must be according to the above guidelines. We must be “the pillar and ground of the truth.” We must “fight the good fight of faith.” We must tell people what God has done for us and what He will do for them.
Church! Wake up your conscience! Take up your cross! Follow Romans 12! Proclaim the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ to everyone. Do not be led by those who have joined the enemy under any circumstances. “Sanctify the LORD of Hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread and He shall be for a sanctuary: … Bind up the testimony, seal the law among My disciples. … To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” - Isaiah 8:13, 14a, 16, 20.
GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL LIGHTHOUSE MINISTRIES
FOR A SPIRITUAL AWAKING THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
© Copyrighted 2021 by International Lighthouse Ministries.
All rights reserved.