CHURCHES UNITING FOR AMERICA'S RENEWAL
THE CONDITION OF THE "CHURCH" TODAY
We have everything from Bible-based, Christ-centered churches to new age satanist churches. Many churches are NOT united around the true gospel of Jesus Christ, her Lord and Savior. Each church has her own doctrines, missions and action points.
Everyone has some concept of the True and Living God and His interactions with the human race. This concept of God determines the structure of their church. Even though we all have the same Bible, we do not interpret it the same way. In doing this, we have weakened the authority of the Church of Jesus Christ. This leads to total confusion as to what is life in general and what is to be our responsibilities toward God and others.
It is certain, all churches cannot be the true Church of Jesus Christ. Jesus only has ONE church. This church is NOT a particular denomination. Jesus' Church is a fellowship of born-again, Spirit-filled, Bible-based saints of the True and Living Creator-Redeemer God. She is composed of people who love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. She loves her neighbors with a self-sacrificing, self-giving commitment that reaches out to all those in need. She has the compassion and the mind of Christ Jesus. She unites around the bloodstained banner of Jesus. She loves the things of God. She refuses to compromise her God-given convictions. She is not of this world even as Jesus is not of this world. Her only aim is to bring honor and glory to God and blessings to the ends of the earth. She not only talks about God's standards, she lives a life of righteousness and true holiness. She seeks to bring lost sinners into a loving relationship with God and His people. She is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for she knows it is the power of God to salvation to ALL peoples everywhere.
The purpose of the true Church of Jesus Christ, which is the pillar and ground of the truth, is not to entertain, but rather to teach by precept and example what Jesus has taught her. The church is not here to tell people what they want to hear, but rather she is here to tell them what they need to hear. Her calling is not to look good, but rather to be good.
Yes, the church is broken. She need a major overhaul. She needs to get back to the basics. She needs to regain her love for God and others. She needs to stop being a dead institution for the "chosen frozen." She needs to be a living organism that brings new life to those who are dead in trespasses and sins. She needs to be the light and salt of this world. She needs to go into all the world and preach, teach and live the great commission of Jesus, her wonderful Lord and Savior. She needs to regain her true holiness and God-given authority. She needs to receive her power and wisdom from God. Man-made "wisdom" has brought her to the sad condition she finds herself in today.
CONDITIONS NEEDED TO RENEW CHURCH UNITY
The Church of Jesus Christ has not always been divided. When she was at her best, she was in one place in "one accord." The results of this union is recorded in the Book of Acts in the Bible, God's holy, inspired, eternal Word. This church is our model to emulate to the ends of the earth for the glory of God and the praise of His Son, Jesus Christ.
When the church is divided she loses her God-given authority and her power to revolutionize her society. She becomes a disgrace to God and His life-giving gospel of grace and love.
In this sad condition, she is devoured by men and women of corrupt minds. She stands for nothing and falls for everything. She takes on the spirit of worldliness and loses the glory of God. She surrenders to the enemies of God and preaches another gospel. Revelation chapters 2 and 3 show what Jesus thinks of such churches, which are the churches that Satan's slaves are building rather than the church that Jesus is building.
When the church is more interested in money and numbers than doing her God-given mission, she deserves neither money nor numbers. When her main drive is to maintain the buildings and form of church worship rather than fulfilling her mission, she is powerless to be the light and salt for others.
This rules out dialog and monologue. Dialog says, "I'm OK, you're OK." Monologue says, "My way is right and you must go my way or no way." We need to be willing to take the Bible as our guide, see what it says and live accordingly. There must be a willingness to sacrifice our plans so we can unite under what God has to say about it. If our plans do not conform to God's will, we need to forsake them joyfully, thank God for being merciful, and seek to bring others into HIS fellowship.
In coming to terms with Jesus as we unite His Church, we must be willing to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God so He can lift us up into heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Then, we need to humble ourselves before each other. We must be willing to search the Scriptures to see if we are right with God. This leads to being willing to make changes that bring glory and honor to Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Pastors must be willing to forsake the teachings taught to them in their ministerial training that are the doctrines of men or demons.
It took 7 days of waiting for the Holy Spirit of God to anoint the early disciples to get them united so they could do God's work in His way. Only God knows how long it is going to take today's Church to unite so she can do her work of reconciliation toward God and mankind.
To get united we must not allow the world, the flesh or the devil to squeeze us into their mold. We must be transformed by the "renewing of our minds." See Romans 12.
THE PLAN TO BRING UNITY TO THE CHURCH
This is not for babies! Nor is this for those who are unwilling to make changes. People must make a covenant with one another to work together for the glory of God and the good of their churches, their communities, their nation and their world. They must be willing to remain with the program regardless of how they feel about it. Bringing the Church into unity to win the age old battle against the works of darkness must be our only goal.
© Copyrighted 2019 by International Lighthouse Ministries.
All rights reserved.
We are in a great battle we can and must win.
The following will prepare us for this battle:
(1) Luke 9:23-27 gives the requirement for discipleship and our acceptance into Jesus' Eternal Kingdom. Do this First!
(2) This battle is not fought with carnal weapons. “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations (“Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools” - Romans 1:21, 22.), and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled” - 2 Corinthians 10:3-6.
(3) We must be fully prepared to fight. “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” - Ephesians 6:10-12.
(4) We must be willing to sacrifice for Jesus. “You therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier” - 2 Timothy 2:3, 4.
(5) We must be willing to trust Jesus completely. “Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God” - Hebrews 12:2.
(6) We cannot be uncommitted. In Romans 1:32 we read, “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
(7) We must take our stand to either fight against God or fight for God. To not fight for God is to fight against Him. Thus, the Scripture above gives two choices. We do the things listed in Romans 1:17-31 or we have no pleasure in those who are doing them. If we do not “have pleasure in them that do them,” we must call them to repentance. We cannot compromise or “get along” with such people.
(8) If we humble ourselves before God, He will enable us to resist the devil. “But He gives more grace. Wherefore He says, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” - James 4:6, 7).
(9) To fight an enemy, we must have armor and weapons. Our spiritual battle is no different. “But put you on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provisions for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof” - Romans 13:14; compared with “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth (See John 14:6), and having on the breastplate of righteousness (See Matthew 6:33); and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Romans 5:1); above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (See Hebrews 4:12):” etc – Ephesians 6:14-17. Our whole armor and shield of faith are our defensive weapons and the sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) and praying in the Spirit are our offensive weapons.
(10) We are assured of victory in this battle. “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us” - Romans 8:37. There is much instruction in these Scriptures. Take some time to think about what is involved in being a faithful servant in God's army. It was a sad day on 26 June 2013 when the Supreme Court once again weighed in on the side of sin and wickedness in this Great Land of ours. The time has come for us to “obey God, rather than man.” At this stage of the total collapse of our God-given rights to rule ourselves according to the dictates of our consciences and our Founding Documents, we have no other choice except to do civil disobedience when we are called upon to fight against ourselves and those we love. This is no place for babies or selfish people who put their interest over the interest of God's will for our Nation. Romans 13:1-6 does not apply to our present situation. This Scripture applies to people who understand that they are to administer God's judgment on wickedness and uphold the righteous. 1 Peter 2 does apply. However, these Scriptures do not call for us to aid the wicked in their wicked ways in any way, shape or form. Our love must be toward God first, others second and ourselves last. It is time for the Church of Jesus Christ to stand up for the right as recorded in God's Holy Word and to resist the devil and his crowd at all cost. Our resistance must be according to the above Scriptures. We must be “the pillar and ground of the truth.” We must “fight the good fight of faith.” We must tell people what God has done for us and what He will do for them.
Church! Church! Church! Wake up your conscience! Take up your cross! Follow Romans 12! Proclaim the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. Do not be led by those who have joined the enemy under any circumstances. “Sanctify the LORD of Hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread and He shall be for a sanctuary: … Bind up the testimony, seal the law among My disciples. … To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” - Isaiah 8:13, 14a, 16, 20.